Walt publishes a fortnightly blog on a variety of subjects. Recently, most of his blogs have been about Cloud Computing with many focused on data security in the Cloud.
Most recent posts
The Second and Third Levels of Defense for the US Election (10/23/2016)
Or how a third party candidate becomes President.
- Is the US Presidential Election Vulnerable to Cyber Attack? (10/09/2016)
Can the Russians ruin our election?
- Autonomous Vehicle Update (09/25/2016)
They are coming faster than you might have thought, but they are not ready for prime time yet.
- The State of Quantum Computing Today (09/11/2016)
They are coming, but not quickly.
- The Impact of Quantum Computing on Data Security (08/28/2016)
Quantum computers pose a danger to secure communications.
- What Is Quantum Computing? (08/14/2016)
Quantum computing part 2.
- Quantum Computing Part 1 (07/31/2016)
Computers start to live in the weird world of quantum physics.
- The End of Moore’s Law (07/17/2016)
The end of unlimited computer power growth.
- A Real-Time View of Cyber Attacks (07/03/2016)
Cybercriminals take no vacation days.
- Why You Should Not Compress Encrypted Data (06/19/2016)
- Benford's Law (06/05/2016)
A quick way to find some potential suspect numbers.
- The New London Cab (05/22/2016)
A new transportation icon for London.
- An Early Combat Drone (05/08/2016)
The U.S. has been using combat drones for over 50 years.
- Invading Europe (04/24/2016)
The current European invasion is more dangerous than the one after World War II.
- Where Is That Email From, Really? (04/10/2016)
It may be from somewhere surprising, and dangerous.
- IRS Hacked, Again, and Again (03/27/2016)
The IRS is not being careful with your personal information.
- Secure Public Cloud with Amazon Web Services & Stealth (03/13/2016)
You can create a secure public cloud.
- Ransomware (02/28/2016)
Your money or your data!
- Checking a Suspected Internet Link (02/14/2016)
Careful what you click on.
- Data Security in the Election Season (01/31/2016)
The election season is also an open hunting season for cybercriminals.
- Now I'm a Politician (01/16/2016)
- The Future of Cash (01/03/2016)
Do we really need or even want cash?
- Our Autonomous Vehicle Future (12/20/2015)
My predictions on our autonomous vehicle future.
- Office 365 (12/07/2015)
It is critical that you manage Office 365 in order to protect your data.
- Robo-Buses (11/22/2015)
Another incremental step towards ubiquitous autonomous vehicles.
- Detecting Suspicious Behavior (11/08/2015)
It is not sufficient to have a strong network perimeter.
Vehicle Update (10/25/2015)
They are coming sooner than you might expect.
Correlation does not equal causality.
- Your Security Is Your Responsibility (09/27/2015)
The government cannot help you.
in a Transparent World (09/13/2015)
Your organization must evolve or go extinct.
- The Half-Life of a Secret (08/30/2015)
... is getter much shorter!
- The Deep and Dark Web (08/16/2015)
What are they?
Government Data Security Score (08/02/2015)
The US Government is clearly not interested in protecting your data.
- Transportation As A Service (07/19/2015)
The coming of Robo-Cab!
- UFVs: The Future of Farms (07/05/2015)
The future of big farming is here.
- The Future of the Long Haul Trucker (06/21/2015)
Big change coming for big rigs.
- You’ve Got Me Under My Skin (06/07/2015)
Now Big Brother can really watch you.
How do advanced cyber attacks work.
Security Lessons from Websense.
- Target Got Off Easy (04/24/2015)
Don't count on your company getting off so easy.
- Save That Data (04/12/2015)
The older the data, the more important it might be.
- Do You
Have a Hilary on Your Staff?
There are important reasons to control emails sent and received by your employees.
- Windows Server 2003 End of Life
Like Windows XP, it is time to move off Windows Server 2003.
& Qualys Joint Solution
An easier way to stay secure.
Another company which failed to protect your personal data.
- Cloud Predictions for 2015 (02/01/2015)
Where do bloggers think the Cloud is going?
Have a Code for That (01/18/2015)
More changes with significant impact on health care providers.
- Cloudifile Your Dropbox (01/04/2015)
Additional security and ease-of-use for Dropbox.